Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blues, Costa Rica & a Birthday

I've been in a funk lately. It's a recurring funk. Trying to sew my way out of it. Still have Valentine's Day ideas in the back of my mind somewhere and hoping it doesn't get lost in the shuffle again this year!

Yesterday, my oldest was offered a scholarship to Costa Rica. He would need to leave within a week! While scrambling to get a passport and plane ticket the opportunity was extended to the fall semester so he decided to go then instead. He will take these next several months to prepare for traveling and missions work there. I'm so proud of him and am thankful that he's gonna stick around for a few more months. 

My birthday was last week and I turned very old. Nothing exciting except for I had a bad cold for only one day. One of my bestest friends dropped me off several home remedies and some sweet treats. Not sure which thing did it - the ice cream & cake or the ginger tea & oils but I'm thankful that the cold was only one day!

I hope the blues turn to blue skies soon! I have a lot to be thankful for and I've got a lot to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment